Emerald Desert RV Resort is a dynamic lifestyle resort located in beautiful Palm Desert. It is complete with resort style amenities, top notch guest service and a calendar full of fun events. The Activities/Lifestyle Director is responsible for planning and coordinating a variety of events and activities to provide resort guests with a fun-filled vacation experience.
- Manage the daily operation and scheduling of recreational facilities.
- Organize, lead, and promote interest in recreational activities and special events.
- Assess group interests and adapt activities to meet participant needs.
- Greet new arrivals to the Resort, encourage socialization with fellow guests and promote participation in activities.
- Encourage guests to develop their own activities and interest groups.
- Recruit entertainers, establish relationships with preferred vendors and utilize park resources and talents to enhance Park experience.
- Maintain database of all resources and inventory lists.
- Update website, produce newsletters and calendars, and create fliers to highlight specific events.
- Maintain a monthly activity schedule and corresponding written budget.
- Evaluate recreation areas, facilities, and services to determine if they are producing desired results.
- Oversee the upkeep of recreation facilities and schedule maintenance as necessary.
- Set up all decorations and equipment for events, oversee break-down and clean-up.
- Attend activities, act as host/hostess and analyze overall effectiveness.
- Provide monthly report to the Manager including attendance and revenue generated from each event.
- At the end of the season, submit a comprehensive report to the Manager including budget comparisons, activity database and suggestions for next season.
- Complete any other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Education & Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in an RV, Hotel or a Hospitality related field
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not requires
- Must be available on weekends and holidays
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and scheduling skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision to plan, develop and implement new programs and activities
- Experience in negotiating vendor pricing and contracts