Sunland RV Resorts is seeking a Vice President of Operations to help lead the company in achieving its growth objectives to maximize the current assets’ performance and to expand the Sunland brand into new markets across the United States. Sunland RV Resorts, a leading owner and operator of recreational vehicle parks & resorts.
Role and Responsibilities: The VP of Operations will have the following responsibilities:
FINANCIAL - Take ownership over decision making to effect change in increasing profitability and net income.
- Optimize Total Gross Revenue of each property.
- Manage property expenses with coordination of Annual Budget.
- Manage General Management team members to achieve Corporate goals.
- Receive, review and react as necessary to weekly reports from property level managers.
- Submit monthly and annual reports to Ownership.
- Create annual budgets, continually making changes to increase efficiency in operations, occupancy and profitability year over year.
- Create capital expenditure and reserve plans in conjunction with VP of Development.
- Achieve approved budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with guest satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Approve operations invoices, expense reports, petty cash, payroll and activity funds.
HUMAN RESOURCES - Directly responsible for meeting all staffing needs of assigned properties.
- Source, interview and hire all resort personnel in compliance with I-9, ADA and EEO requirements.
- Create and maintain a positive, professional working environment with constructive coaching.
- Ensure orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
- Establish training and development programs to:
- Enhance employee knowledge of best practices and needs of the organization.
- Ensure that all safety and brand standards are maintained.
- Utilize budgets to teach team supervisors to understand financial objectives.
- Develop and communicate selling strategies utilizing RMS and other forecasting tools.
- Develop cross-training opportunities throughout Sunland.
- Aggressively minimize accident, worker’s comp and unemployment claims and resulting costs.
- With input from the property managers, conduct employee reviews on an annual basis.
- Communicate career growth opportunities to property managers and associates.
- Create a plan and schedule to recognize good team performance on a continuous basis through reward and recognition programs.
- Encourage staff to solve guest and associate related concerns without corporate intervention.
SALES AND MARKETING - Responsible for ensuring effectiveness of all sales and marketing efforts and to direct efforts appropriately when revenue and traffic goals are not being met.
- Ensure that all associates understand property selling strategies and promotions.
- Stay current on local community and market conditions and communicate with resort supervisors.